In conjunction with our consultancy service, six software packages are available:
i-Heat™ is PIL's "new generation" analysis and optimisation tool for heat recovery systems. It is a state-of-the-art software package for improving the performance of heat recovery systems in the process industries.
What can i-Heat™ do?
- Target minimum energy consumption
- Optimize the load of utilities for individual processes
- Interactive network design
- Automatic design of new heat exchanger networks
- Automatic retrofit design of heat exchanger networks with control of the number of modifications
- Simulate heat exchanger networks using simple models
- Optimize heat exchanger networks
- Explore heat exchanger network operability
- Interface with SITE-int, CDU-int and DIST-int
Heat-int was PIL's heat exchanger network analysis tool for many years. It has now been superceded by i-Heat™.
SITE-int was PIL's tool for the design, optimisation and integration of site utility systems in the process industries for many years. It has now been superceded by i-Steam™.
CDU-int designs heat-integrated crude oil distillation systems.
What can CDU-int do?
- Optimise the operating conditions of existing crude oil distillation systems to reduce energy consumption or to increase profit without capital investment.
- Modify the design of an existing column or the design of the heat exchanger network or both in a controlled way to reduce energy consumption.
- Modify the design of an existing column, the product flowrates and quality, the design of the heat exchanger network simultaneously to increase profit.
- Explore different distillation configurations in the design of existing units, such as the introduction of pre-flash or pre- fractionator units.
- Optimize column pressures.
- Explore changes to the design of existing heat exchanger networks for increased heat recovery or increased throughput.
- Optimize the configuration of new crude oil distillation systems.
DIST-int designs integrated distillation systems.
What can DIST-int do?
- Minimize energy consumption for a fixed column configuration through pressure optimization and heat integration.
- Determine the best configuration of energy integrated simple and complex column arrangements.
- Simultaneously optimize column pressures for heat integrated distillation configurations.
- Select heat integration matches.
- Identify heat pumping opportunities.
- Simultaneously optimize selection of column type, sequence, operating pressure of the columns, heat integration matches and heat pumping opportunities.
- For sub-ambient distillation systems, simultaneous design of the refrigeration system.
- Screen refrigeration system designs for sub-ambient distillation systems, including multiple levels, cascade systems and mixed refrigerants.
CRYO-int simulates, optimizes and synthesizes complex refrigeration systems for low temperature gas processing.
What can CRYO-int do?
- Target minimum shaft power for a low temperature cooling duties
- Optimize the number and temperatures of refrigeration levels
- Target minimum shaft power for cascade refrigeration systems
- Target minimum shaft power for mixed refrigerant systems
- Determine the optimum composition for mixed refrigeration systems
- Simulate and optimize complex refrigeration designs
- Design and optimization of LNG liquifaction systems
H2-int improves the performance and design of refinery hydrogen networks.
What can H2-int do?
- Target minimum hydrogen network consumption on the basis of hydrogen purity
- Target minimum hydrogen network consumption including complete analysis of the network impurity components
- Minimize hydrogen demand through maximizing hydrogen re-use
- Analyze hydrogen purification options
- Select the optimum choice between multiple sources of hydrogen
- Explore the trade-offs between hydrogen flowrate and purity
- Design of hydrogen distribution networks
- Explore options for hydrogen recycle to hydrogen plants
These packages provide the latest process integration technology in state-of-the-art software. The software packages have a common style of input to allow users to move between packages with maximum ease. Networks are a common feature of the packages, which are input in an interactive drag-and-drop environment that has a common style between the packages. On-line context sensitive help systems are also a feature common to all packages. Multiple language versions are available.
The software packages are available under license or can be accessed via our consultants.